Sunday, November 13, 2011

Politics playing into the world market

President Obama is looking to renew America's engagement of trade with the Asian Pacific region. He recently attended the APEC summit to discuss foreign trade and policies with Asia, something that hasn't been done since the Clinton era. As the world of business is becoming ever more global, it's important to keep up strategically and competitively.

Obama also spoke at the summit of the recent news in the Euro Zone and about the Greek bailout. Some of the largest economies are slowing in growth and may add hindrance in the world trading market. Obama nade this reach for relationship at the summit as he sees it as a necessity to maintain good relationships, especially when times are tough, because that's when allies and friends come in as a big support system.

President Obama's goal was to highlight some domestic jobs that could be created with exports to America. I believe that he had good intentions, but if you read the article, you will see where not everyone completely agrees with his tactics and wording. What do you think of President Obama's attempt? Do you think that politics can harm or enhance trade in the world market? What would you suggest to better build our relationship with the APEC region?

Personally, I believe that politics to play a major role and that it can harm or enhance trade, depending on the relationship. Again, I think President Obama had good intentions, but he did offend some pretty large companies which reflects poorly on America. So, what do you think?

http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=8475537733697843021

3 comments:

Kierra Warren said...

I too agree that our President has good intentions, as far as building relationships in times of struggle. It is important that relationships remain a concern, seeing as though America too has had several economic downturns. On the other hand, I think it is important for President Obama to realize his approach. Offending these foreign companies is a little too risky because of the fact that many countries value the relationship more than the business arrangements. That was one topic that was brought up in almost every country presentation.

Tyler t said...

I agree with kierra, our president should keep up positive relations with foreign countries in these times of struggle, keeping positive relationships are always helpful

Noreen said...

I agree with Kierra and Tyler, relationship building is very important to some countries and not others. Unfortunately the American economy is more business oriented than relationship. I think to be able to redirect the country/people to a different path will not be easy. The President will have to invest a lot of time and resources to educate the importance of relationship. Change is not easy, very expensive...